“Beech-Nut used 105 ingredients that tested over 20 ppb cadmium. Some tested much higher, up to 344.55 ppb cadmium.” “Beech-Nut (does) not even test for mercury in baby food.” For these reasons, we strongly recommend avoiding Beech-Nut’s baby food.
What is the healthiest baby food brand?
Best baby food
- Best overall jarred baby food: Beech-Nut Naturals Stage 1.
- Best organic baby food pouches: Plum Organics Stage 1.
- Best budget-friendly baby food: Gerber Organic 1st Foods.
- Best baby food for constipation: Gerber Natural 1st Foods (Pear)
- Best organic jarred baby food: Happy Baby Clearly Crafted Stage 1.
What is the safest baby food brand?
Best Baby Food Brands
- 365 Organic Whole Foods 100% Juice Apple from Concentrate.
- Apple & Eve Elmo’s Punch 100% Organic Juice.
- Baby’s Only Organic Non-GMO Dairy Toddler Formula.
- Beech-Nut Organics Just Sweet Potatoes Stage 1.
- Beech-Nut Organic Just Pumpkin Stage 1.
- Beech-Nut Organic Just Apples Stage 1 4 months.
Does Beech-Nut have metal?
A congressional subcommittee has found that baby food makers Gerber and Beech-Nut have not recalled products found to contain heavy metals, according to a report published Wednesday by the House Subcommittee on Economic and Consumer Policy.
Is there a recall on Beech-Nut baby food?
We are issuing this voluntary recall because we learned through routine sampling by the State of Alaska that a limited quantity of Beech-Nut Single Grain Rice Cereal products had levels of naturally-occurring inorganic arsenic above the FDA guidance level, even though the rice flour used to produce these products …
Is Beech-Nut organic baby food safe?
Yes, the food is safe. The FDA regulates and routinely monitors levels of heavy metals in all foods.
What’s the best food to start a baby on?
Best First Foods for Baby
- Baby cereal, such as oatmeal, rice, barley.
- Sweet potato.
- Green beans.
- Butternut squash.
Which is the best food for 6 months baby?
- Well-cooked and pureed meat, poultry or beans.
- Ground, cooked, single-grain cereal or infant cereal with breast milk or formula.
- Cooked and pureed vegetables.
- Mashed banana or avocado.
Which Beech-Nut products are recalled?
Beech-Nut Nutrition issued a voluntary recall of one lot of its Stage 1, Single Grain Rice Cereal after routine sampling by the State of Alaska found that the products tested above the 100ppb guidance level for naturally occurring inorganic arsenic set by the FDA in August 2020, “though the rice flour used had been …
Does Beech-Nut have lead?
Among the four companies’ data, Beech-Nut showed the highest level for three of the four metals. … Beech-Nut’s own internal limits for the additives it uses are 5,000 PPB for lead and 3,000 PPB for arsenic and cadmium. Federal standards for bottled water are 10 PPB inorganic arsenic and 5 PPB cadmium.
What’s the difference between Beech-Nut natural and classics?
The new look for the Classics jars helps communicate the promise of real food with larger graphics so it’s even easier to spot your favorite fruit or veggie combination on shelf. … Beech-Nut Naturals® start with real fruits & veggies that are gently cooked to help preserve their nutrients, vibrant color, and flavor.
What is the difference between Gerber and Beech-Nut?
Gerber separates its baby food into first, second and third foods, although each level is made up of pureed foods. … Beechnut baby foods are divided into four stages, with each stage increasing in size and texture. The fourth stage features finger foods, while the other three stages are purees.