Look and feel your best with two small steps to live a long and healthier lifestyle. Just choose which of these two smoothies you’re going to drink today!
Canadians looking to improve their health can start their day off right with psyllium fibre.
On a personal note, I already enjoy the Meta Fibre Bar on a regular basis. I find that it helps me to feel full; which in turn helps me to be more regular. Especially with my recent health issues, and now taking an opioid, it is quite common to become irregular. Metamucil gives me what I need to continue about my day without the concern of any daily setbacks.
Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom/mamanP&G. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events and opportunities. The opinions on this blog are my own.
Psyllium fibre, the naturally sourced dietary fibre found in Metamucil powder, has a long history of use in traditional and herbal medicines. In fact, it can provide multi-health benefits, such as helping to lower cholesterol to promote heart health* and can temporarily suppress your appetite, when taken prior to a meal.**
Get your daily fibre intake with these easy tips
- Get a boost of fibre in the morning with Metamucil’s Bombshell Berry Blast smoothie. A healthy diet includes 25-38 grams of fibre a day, and this delicious summer quencher has 16g of fibre and 22g of protein to kick-start your day!
- Play with sweet and tangy flavours:Challenge your taste buds with this unique combination of summer ingredients and try this Citrus Spritzer.
- Take your Meta to go:Whether you are in between meetings or leaving the gym, a Meta Fibre Bar is the perfect way to ensure that you’re meeting your daily fibre intake needs!
Makes: 2 1/4 cups (560 mL)
Prep time: 1 minute
Ready in: 3 minutes
Fibre: 16 grams
1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1 heaping tablespoon dried goji berries
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened soy milk or skim milk
1 level teaspoon Metamucil® Berry Burst with 75% Less Sugar or Original Smooth
Ice cubes or crushed ice
Blend blueberries, raspberries, gogi berries, flaxseed, yogurt, milk and Metamucil® with ice in blender until smooth.
Makes: 1 cup (250 mL)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Ready in: 1 minute
Fibre: 6 grams
3/4 cup (180 mL) sparkling water
1/4 cup (60 mL) unsweetened orange or grapefruit juice
2 level tsps (10 mL) Metamucil Sugar Free Original Smooth or Metamucil Sugar Free Orange Flavour Smooth
1 lime or lemon wedge
1 orange, wedge
2 fresh mint leaves, chopped (optional)
Natural sweetener of your choice (optional)
- Stir together water, juice and Metamucil.
- Squeeze in lemon and orange wedges and add to glass.
- Stir in mint and natural sweetener, if using.