THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED
As the weather gets cooler and furnaces start firing up, Duracell and First Alert have joined forces to share critical carbon monoxide safety tips for winter. This giveaway will include Duracell AA Copper Top Batteries and a First Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarm to keep you and your family safe.
As a parent, you always want to make sure that your family stays out of harm’s way. With colder weather just around the corner and furnaces firing up once again, Duracell and First Alert have teamed up to share critical carbon monoxide safety tips to help keep you and your family safe.
Did you know? Ontario recently made installing Carbon Monoxide alarms in homes a mandatory act.
Duracell and First Alert’s top five CO tips for winter:
- Get a professional to check your furnace, your appliances and ensure your chimney is cleaned properly.
- Install at least one carbon monoxide alarm with an audible warning signal near the sleeping areas in your home, and have at least one alarm on each level.
- During power outages, if running a generator be sure to operate it in a well-ventilated area.
- Use the time change this month as a reminder to test your CO detector and change its batteries with Duracell AA batteries.
- While it may be tempting to warm up the car on cold days, don’t leave your car running in the garage even if the garage door is open.
For more on CO prevention be sure to check out the First Alert website at www.firstalert.ca. Duracell 9V and AA batteries are available at mass retailers nationwide for a suggested MRP of $7.99 (2pk and 8pk respectively).
To put you on the right track for the winter season, I’m excited to offer you a CO Safety review/giveaway to enter (valued at nearly $45*, including):
*Pricing at the discretion of the retailer.
When Does it Start/End?
Begins on: time post goes live and Ends on: December 15, 2014 at 8 pmEST
Terms and Conditions: Open to Canadian residents 18+ only (excludes Quebec). Winner will be notified within 48 hours of the giveaway via email, and will be required to provide their full name, address and telephone number, so that Sponsor can mail out the prize. By entering this contest you are accepting that, if you win, your contact information will be shared with a PR agency for the purpose of mailing your prize. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the contest closure date to receive your prize. [Please read entireTerms and Conditions] This giveaway may appear on other blogs as part of the #PGmom program, however, to be fair, you can only win once per giveaway. If your name is chosen more than once, another winner will be selected. All winners must be from within Canada. Please note giveaways are only open to Canadian residents and will not be sent out of the country.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
NOTE: My Bits and Bleeps will not be held liable for any potential loss, damage or undelivered status of the prize.
You can do any or all of these entries:
- you can follow My Bits and Bleeps Blog via Email (+1 entry) Just enter your email in the blank provided … see top right of my blog.
- you can “like” My Bits and Bleeps on Facebook (+1 entry) … you can press like button located on the right side of my blog
- once “liked”, you can “share” this giveaway on Facebook (+1 entry) –you can do this once a day
- you can post this giveaway anywhere else on the web (Facebook, forum, linky, blog etc) comment with link (+1 entry)
- you can leave a new comment on any of my non giveaway posts and come back here commenting where you did (+1 entry) –you can do this once a day
- you can follow me on Twitter (+1 entry)
- Tweet About the Giveaway –you can do this once per day, every day (+1 entry) [leave link to tweet in comment]
- you can follow me on Instagram (+1 entry)
- you can follow me on YouTube (+1 entry)
- you can get a friend (who has never entered before) to enter this giveaway and tell me who it is (+5 entries)
REMEMBER: to include in your comment any extra information required (ie. Twitter Handle, URL Link, mention that entry is completed, or that you currently do it -like you already receive my RSS Feed for example-).
Disclosure: As a PGMom, I receive products and special access to P&Gevents and opportunities. I have not been financially compensated in any other way. I am not obliged to give a positive review. Any opinion(s) expressed is my own, and is given freely. Any information acquired from P&G’s various social media formats has been authorized, and has been done so as to facilitate my post/review.
To learn more please visit: About My Bits and Bleeps, Disclosure Policy, or PR Welcome.
Should you wish to share any questions, suggestions, or comments, please feel free to leave me a comment. If preferred, email me direct via email@example.com