If you’ve followed my posts, over a period of time, you would have noticed that I’ve received Skechers footwear, for review, in the past and was thrilled each and every time. Once again, I’ve been fortunate enough to have been given the opportunity to review yet another pair of Skechers … this time it’s Skechers GOwalk.
The Skechers Performance design team has been busy dreaming up a series of radical new ideas. They develop and produce an extensive collection of technologically advanced and dynamic performance footwear. They truly are just getting started!
I was given a pair Skechers GOwalk shoes, in Navy, to review. My overall finding is “Impressive!” “Extremely comfortable.” and “Let’s go for a walk!”
Before I say anything about the shoe, you need to understand where I’m coming from:
1) I have, what I lovingly call, ‘monkey’ toes. Often shoes are painful because my toes get squashed and/or crunched … having long toes, a larger size shoe is usually too big, a smaller size is too tight, and my correct size (half size) isn’t always offered in all styles. Sore feet is a horrible thing to experience.
2) I have a bad back (chronic pain) and usually end up not being able to walk long distances because of it.
3) I am definitely overweight and need to get back to being active…difficult to do when you feel pain to begin with.
The Skechers GOwalk shoe met all of my concerns and went above and beyond anything I could have imagined. I have now found my walking shoes and will only change them when I either have to wash them or buy a new pair … I love them so much! They are light; a light shoe means I don’t have to lug around a heavy shoe, which means less pressure for my back. My shoes came in my size (8.5) and happen to be a perfect fit … a perfect, comfy fit! They are so comfortable and cushiony – it’s like walking on bouncy, fluffy clouds. Best of all? My toes aren’t crunched in them. P.S. They’re washable too!
Actually, it’s quite amusing, when my friend came with me to watch the Honda Indy race (July 13, 2013), we noticed that we had on the same pair of shoes! She couldn’t stop talking about how much she loved them, and how comfortable they are … To all of her comments all I could say was “I know; right?!”
So how is it that there’s a shoe that can meet my needs, wants, and then some? Let’s find out more about the Skechers GOwalk shoe; let’s review some features:
– GOimpulse Sensors: Allows foot to respond to various surfaces and promotes natural stride while providing a comfortable durable foundation.
– Lightweight 360 Degree Responsive Flexibility: Minimalist design complimented by synthetic flexible paneling guarantees for a breathable wear.
– Integrated OrthoLite Sockliner: Anti-microbial sockliner helps inhibit odor from barefoot wear and prevents slippage.
– Resalyte Midsole: Lightweight and effective impact absorption elevates walking experience and reduces pressure on ankle and knee joints.
SRP: $75 Available at retailers across Canada.
Are they worth it? Yes, absolutely!